- Clean, Shiny Floors Create An Impression
- The High Price Of Shiny Floors
- Low-Maintenance Flooring Options For Facilities
Tips For Long-Lasting Floor Shine
Keeping VCT looking like new can be arduous work. Experts share their top dos and don’ts to ease the process and improve the outcome:
• Do dust mop daily and before burnishing or spray buffing to avoid grinding dirt into the finish. Skipping this step will have a detrimental effect on the floor’s appearance in the long term.
• Do dilute chemicals properly. Products that are not measured accurately could leave cleaning residue on the floor, which attracts more dirt.
• Do change dirty water frequently. Over time, dirt ends up impregnated in the finish.
• Do match the floor pad to the task: Cleaning pads for cleaning, burnishing pads for burnishing and stripping pads for stripping.
• Don’t use hot water. Floor finish is water-soluble, so use cool water instead.
• Don’t apply too much finish. More will make the floor more dull, not shiny.
• Don’t apply finish wall-to-wall. Apply one light coat around the edges, keeping off the baseboards, and stay away from the wall with subsequent coats. People don’t walk next to the wall and it will be easier to strip when the time comes.
• Don’t overlook safety. Understand slip resistance and maintain a log of the floor’s coefficient of friction.
Low-Maintenance Flooring Options For Facilities
Disclaimer: Please note that Facebook comments are posted through Facebook and cannot be approved, edited or declined by CleanLink.com. The opinions expressed in Facebook comments do not necessarily reflect those of CleanLink.com or its staff. To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines.